Welcome

We have moved! Check out our new blog: Everyday Moodlings.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Nov 14th Projects: Embossing Powder

This week we are focusing on embossing powder.  I held off for a long time before I purchased the supplies to use embossing powders on my projects.  I mean a really long time.....like years. :)


I finally caved and joined the fun.  I still only have a handful of embossing powders and most of the time I stick with black, white and clear, with clear being my favorite.

This week I focused on tag art. I am using the tags for a home decor project as we ready our home for Thanksgiving.  I love thanksgiving. :)

Tag #1-The Beauty of Fall
This is my 4 Product Challenge for this week.  I used embossing in multiple was on this tag.  Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to see this week's process video. 


Supplies: Embossing ink and powder, tag, velum, background stamp, ink, doilies stamp and die (Papertrey Ink), sentiment (Just Rite Stampers), banner and flourish dies (Spellbinders), pattern paper, Prima flower, fibers, ribbon, rhinestones, flower die (Sizzix) and pearl.

I made three additional tags, some are embossed some are not.

Tag #2: Pumpkin
I did use embossing on the background, but I managed to cover it up with the other items. :)



Supplies:  Tag, ribbon, fibers, paper tape, pattern paper, lace, sentiment sticker, bottle cap, doilies stamp and die (Papertrey Ink), ink and paint.

Tag #3:  Autumn
I used dry embossing on this tag.



Supplies:  Embossing folder (Darcee), ink, trim, fibers, ribbon, oval dies (Spellbinders), stamp (Just Rite Stampers), markers, paint and Stickles.

Tag:4:  Give Thanks
I used two things I LOVE on this tag. UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder), I used it on the pumpkin image. The 2nd item is the leaf.  I love the leaf because it is a really old supply and I love using old supplies.  It has been in my stash for years.  I indulged myself while working on this tag and spent some time looking through old supplies....and found just what I was looking for.



Supplies:  UTEE, tag, embossing folder (Tim Holtz), vintage die-cut, paper flower, cardboard leaf, ink, fibers, ribbon, eyelet, rhinestones and sentiment stickers.


If you want to see the video of how I created these projects, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.  In the newsletter on Monday, 11/17/2014 I will be sending out my process video. 

Newsletter Signup





I hope you have enjoyed my trip down embossing lane
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment