Welcome

We have moved! Check out our new blog: Everyday Moodlings.

Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10th Topic: Tags!

Happy Monday!

Hi, I'm Shirley Pando, instructor at My Creative Classroom and part of the website support team. In fact, if you email the MCC help desk (support.mcc@gmail.com), I'm the person you'll hear back from. :-)


 Jeri' is on vacation this week, spending a little more time with her son while he's on Spring Break from school, so I'll be filling in for her.


We have a brand new topic.  This week we will be exploring tags.

I love tags but it seems that I don't use them as often as I'd like. Once I pull them out, I remember how great they are. You can distress them, color them, stamp on them. They come in great shapes and color. You can make them or buy them. They are just so versatile.

Most all of us know about Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas. Now he also does 12 tags of (fill in the holiday!) and 12 tags of (fill in the year!). Check out his blog and look at the categories list on the right hand side bar for loads of inspiration!

So come along and create with me this week using tags. What are some of your favorite ways to use tags?

Shirley

4 comments:

  1. My problem with tags - what do you do with them afterward? I get that I can use some on cards or layouts, but then what? I have a whole basket of handmade background papers and I figure tags would just end up there as well. Hmmm, maybe I could do a twist on Jeri's ATCs and do technique tags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      I understand your dilemma. What if you take those tags and make a card out of them? Or add them to a scrapbook page. Use your fancy creative tags as an embellishment on your art journal, etc. I like the idea of using them like a technique tag book.. Maybe bind them with a ribbon or a book ring?

      Delete
  2. Well, I just cut out a tag shape yesterday and printed the sentiment on it for a card. I like the look of tags but don't use them much. I like the idea of a tag technique book. Look forward to seeing what you do with tags this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a project I am working on right now using tags. I bought the regular shipping tags and will be covering them with DP. I have a Bible study group that I want to print each week's memory verse out & adhere to these tags. I will use both sides & end up with 12 total tags for each person. I plan to use binder rings to hold them together along with a little metal alpa letter of their first name. I will 'pretty' them up with ribbons, etc. Hopefully I will get one completed soon & can share a photo. They also make great bookmarks. I include them with cards I send.

    ReplyDelete