Welcome

We have moved! Check out our new blog: Everyday Moodlings.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Embossing Powder Storage

It's Wednesday!  Time to talk about storage. :)  I must admit my embossing powder storage is pretty boring. In my defense I am a function or form gal when it comes to organizing.  And what I am currently doing works for me.

I have many of these modular craft storage cabinets.  This one has three drawers and one of them houses my embossing powder.  Except for clear, which I buy in larger quantities.  I store that next to my desk in a plastic container.  My heat gun literally hangs from my desk.  I love those 3M hooks. :)





If you are new to embossing I also highly recommend the Ranger Craft Mat.  It really helps to protect my work surface.  Not that I am messy or anything like that. :)

I updated our Pinterest board for storage and organizing.  I do really like the idea of using a k-cup storage tree for embossing powder.  Great for keeping things visible.  But I really don't have the extra surface space for that.  I also need to label the jars with white lids.  It annoys me that I cannot see the color when I look in the drawer.

I have been so inspired by everyone who has joined the My Creative Life 2014 classroom and posted your goals and creative statements.  Many of you stated you want to try new techniques this year.  So I am on the hunt for a new embossing technique to try this week. :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

1 comment:

  1. Here is the new technique I just tried for embossing powder! I hadn't seen this done before. I think I need more practice though. ;) I also need to remember to use my embossing buddy on the paper before doing anything else because the powder stuck to more places than I wanted. http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2014/01/video-embossing-paste-embossing-powder.html

    ReplyDelete