Welcome

We have moved! Check out our new blog: Everyday Moodlings.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Project Inspiration

Hey Crafters!

I wanted to give you a little bit more information regarding my Project Inspiration project.  Many, many moons ago I created the flower pots below.  Inside the pots I made 'flowers' for products and techniques I wanted to use.  They were reminders of what supplies I had and techniques I wanted to use.  For new projects I will pull 2 or 3 flowers to work from.  It really helped to limit my choices.  Unfortunately the posts were broken in a move.


So enter Project Inspiration, Part 2.  I actually started the project a couple of years ago....but just ran out of time.  Now we are settled into our new home and I have a perfect home for theses ATC holders.  I have a wall in my craft room that I can line up 6 to 8 of these holders.  So I will be creating an ATC card for each topic this year and adding them to my inspiration wall. :)


Why do this project?  How often do we say....if I can't see something I won't use it.  Which means we often have a hard time putting things away.  Unfortunately it is hard to work in a room when everything is 'out'.  This was a happy middle ground for me.

I will be talking more about Project Inspiration in the My Creative Life 2014 class.  Be sure to join us for this free class.

See you in the classroom,
Jeri Parks

4 comments:

  1. I remember your flowerpots - seems like a long time ago! I have a 3 ring notebook filled with inspiration and even some directions on how to create certain techniques, probably would be a good thing to open it now and again - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,

    That is why mine is going up on the wall. Otherwise it just becomes out of sight, out of mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas for inspiration. I think I will make some flower tops and drop them into a container and pick out 3 random ones when i am struggling with what to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a good deal of research that suggests limiting our options increases our creativity. I find this to be very true. We will be talking more about this in the class.

      Jeri'

      Delete